November 19, 2010

Float Away

There have been two instances tonight where I wanted to float effortlessly. I woke up and was standing in my room knowing I needed to get to the kitchen. I had this feeling as though I wanted my feet to lift a few inches from the floor and have my body drift to the kitchen. Then just a few moments ago I was attempting to look into a cabinet above my closet but could not see from the floor, again I imagined floating up to the proper height to do so. The strange thing about these feelings, the reason I felt it important enough to turn on a computer for and not just pass it off as a very human wish to fly, is that in those moments it did not seem at all illogical. I didn't just want to lift from the ground, I couldn't see why I shouldn't just lift off at the thought of it.
I saw my parents tonight. I am not working tonight, and only have another six nights of work at that old store. It's always nice to see my folks, I also spoke to my good friend Trevor. Interaction with non mental defectives. It had been two days since that had happened. My parents read this blog, they may be the only ones, I am not sure. My last entry mentioned suicide, and they were a little bothered by this. I will now clarify that I have no intentions currently of ending my life. Not now, things are just starting to get somewhat interesting. I think it is important that I live through the move.
I am listening to a lot of Joanna Newsom lately. I have been bringing a small, round speaker to work along with my small, rectangular music player. It makes a world of difference. I only wish I'd thought of this months ago. My last week of work I have assigned myself to clean up our disastrous overstock room. This is a huge job, and one I will likely not complete in a week, but it will be a lot better. This will be my final gift to this store. I also cut in extra facings of certain cigarettes and fixed the shelving... I am just leaving my mark. The mark of intelligence and sanity. There is next to none of this going on there. I may go visit this place after I leave to see how different it is without me. Probably not. This feels boring... I am sure I have now bored my readers, sorry dad. Goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment