October 14, 2010

Walking the dog

Last night I decided that my dog, Harry has been giving me that longing look for long enough, so I took him out for a couple of hours. I am not sure who enjoyed it more, him or me. At first he was being a little difficult, but after exhausting him with a tennis ball in a soccer field, he was quite well behaved. At one point we stopped for a rest, it was about two in the morning by that point and we were out of the neighborhood in front of a liquor store that was long closed. I was laying down on the sidewalk and Harry was getting in my face breathing heavy, both of us smiling, then he laid down next to me... I can't explain exactly the reason why, but this was a perfect moment. Until last night I didn't really realize how much I am going to miss him. Today my mother was at the house, when I woke up, with realtors looking at the place. One of these realtors apparently wants to take Harry once I move. When my mom told me this I felt upset and gave some quick response to the tune of, "This lady you've just met?" as though trying to say, "Fuck her, he's my dog!"
Tonight I am off of work again, unless I get a call to come in, in which case I will work, because it would all be time and a half. Otherwise I think I will take Harry out again and work on music. Already today I was listening to old recordings and put together some acoustic guitar and drones which were recorded about a year ago separately with no intention of ever being mixed together, or mixed at all. It feels good to DO. And to do things I enjoy, instead of just working and sleeping all the time away.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this gave me a lump in my throat about Harry. I keep trying to figure out a way I could somehow take him along with the cats, but it would require finding a new place to live which would allow two cats and a huge German Shepherd, plus subletting my apartment...not likely.

    ReplyDelete