March 09, 2010

Another day.


You know, for some reason it felt like yesterday was the last one, but sure enough another day has come. I spent last night eating too much food. A bunch of figs, dates, trail mix, goji berries, mangoes, apples, a big salad... I am one of those few raw vegans that will just pig out. I try not to eat like that, but certain days I just can't help myself. I was pretty bummed out after my interview, and just ate until I nearly exploded. Today I am back to craigslist and thinking about jobs again... I took a couple days off from that, but now I think it would be wise to focus again.
Trevor is supposed to come by today to record. My folks are leaving for a couple days, so I will be able to get some recording done without any noise to worry about... from within the house anyway. I am still exercising every day. A minimum of 150 crunches and a stint on the stationary bicycle daily. I like to also take a walk or bike ride as well, but the last two days I didn't do the extra. Today I will. I stayed up late last night, and didn't get out of bed until noon. I like waking up early, but I want to go see Quasi on the 13th and I also want to get on a later schedule just in case I get this drug store night job I interviewed for. The shift they need to fill is from midnight to eight AM. Not my favorite hours, but it is better than nothing. My hope of getting this job rests on nobody else wanting those hours.
I am really happy to be recording music again, and I have some cool ideas to put forward today, or very soon anyway. My basic idea is to record one shots and loop them, and have more and more of them come together to form a long, minimalist, repetitive thing that expands with time. We'll see how that comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment