March 30, 2010

The most fun I've had at work yet!


A woman came to the checkout with two items, I rung her up. I asked her, "Would you like a bag", because with only two items many people would rather not have one. She did not respond because she was distracted, so I said, "Well I could put these two boys in a bag for you"... it was fantastic. I had a huge grin on my face that I could not wipe away. Also, there was an insane security guard who was trying to scare me about the dangers of Ladera Ranch; including, but not limited to, wild animals and high school students who commit burglaries and suicides in the CVS parking lot. He also told me that some guy's body was found at the top of a hill, "He'd been sitting there a week!" This was a paranoid man. My favorite part of his amazing lecture was how he referred to the secretive ways of the people holding powerful positions in Ladera, he kept saying, "They don't tell us anything!" over and over, but the very best is when he said, "Everything's a secret in Ladera." with wide eyes full of fear.

3 comments:

  1. sometimes I'll say, "Would you like this guy in a bag?" And the term "This Guy" usually refers to not easily bagged items or is spoken to customers who seem to be spaced out. I picked this up from a bagger who uses the phrase as a way of being gentle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I always put it in a bag."

    ReplyDelete
  3. watch out dude. ever since you started working in ladera ranch I have been very worried.. everything is a fucking secret out there.

    ReplyDelete