March 16, 2010

Yesterday was fun aside from all the little bugs on me.


When I finally left the house yesterday it was to get myself and my bicycle to the beginning of Aliso Creek Bikeway. I rode about 26 miles in a little over 2 hours. It is a nice ride on a paved trail that stays mostly away from the road, though there are a couple sections that follow the road. It was quite a bit warmer, so there were plenty of tiny flying insects hitting me in the face, getting stuck on my arms, and occasionally smacking right into my eyes. That was a bit of a drag, but overall it was a nice ride.
Forty minutes after I finished my ride, I found myself in a pool swimming laps. I found a fun new thing to do at the pool, which is to swim underwater facing up looking at the surface. It is just amazing, especially at night. Sometimes I would just let out my air in the deep end so I would sink to the bottom and I would just sit there looking up for a little bit, until I needed more oxygen. It reminds me a little of being much younger and sitting upside down on the couch to hang my head over the edge and look at the house as though it were flipped over. I used to think so much about what we would have to do to get from room to room and all the obstacles we would have to avoid, and how different our house would really be turned on it's head. A life never realized I suppose... but it is not the life for me anyway.
Last night I spent a little more time with that song, and had to extract myself from in front of the computer to stop myself from what I was doing. It isn't that I didn't like what I was coming up with exactly, I just wasn't sure if I should be taking such an approach. I have now let some time pass, so I can listen to the changes made with fresh ears today.

No comments:

Post a Comment