March 13, 2010

Recorded yesterday what some may call music. I came up with a concept that has earned me somewhat confused looks from even my partner in crime. He did get it as we went along though. In fact, Trevor is the one who came up with the idea for the bass timing, and I really love it. After he left, I ate way too many figs, and then went back to the garage to do more mixing... I ended up finding the perfect balance of cross feed and feedback on my delay effect to create a never ending, volume steady delay. This was exciting for me. I also recorded some terrible sounds with the trumpet... of course I drenched it in reverb and did a lot of cutting and pasting to make one long nasty noise. I like to take a sound and copy it, then reverse the audio on the copy and put it right up against the original... then I go through that process many more times to create a never ending piano note, for example. It is cool to remove the attack and extend the tone.
Tonight is the Quasi show. I am very excited to see Janet Weiss again, she is magical. I am also, of course, excited to see Sam Coomes for the first time... You may know him from Heatmiser, a band he was in with Elliott Smith. Sam also appeared on Elliott Smith's album "Figure 8". If you are not familiar with Quasi, I would recommend picking up the album "Hot Shit"... It is tasty, unlike actual hot shit.
As for my immediate future, I have 69 more crunches to do, then I will get on a stationary bike, and probably go to the pool again. Why 69 crunches? Well, I was doing five sets of thirty crunches a day, but found it hard to remember how many sets I had done. I found a way to make each set unique. I increase the number by one each time. So I do a set of 31, my first set, followed by 32, 33, 34 and 35. I have only two left, therefore, 69 crunches. The pool closes early on the weekends, which is completely backwards from the way it should be, so I will have to use my time wisely to achieve my goal of swimming. On that note, goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment