March 06, 2010


So today my good friend Trevor is coming down to my studio to record. We will be resuming work on an album we started recording in August. Yesterday I sat at the piano and came up with a song for us to ponder. Earlier yesterday I took a long bike ride... probably the longest of my life. Clocking in at more than three hours, I made it from my Mission Viejo home, to the coast in Dana Point, to Aliso wilderness park, to Cook's Corner. It was exhausting, and fun.
My father purchased a Vita-Mix today, which is good news for a raw vegan like myself. I have a butternut squash that is just begging to be shredded to bits. I have had an Omega juicer for a good while, and I've been juicing daily again for a month or so. I love that machine. The Vita-Mix is apparently incredible for smoothies, and gives the added benefit of keeping all parts of the fruit or vegetable in the drink, unlike a juicer, which discards pulp. This is very healthful, from what I hear, at getting rid of potential disasters within the body.
Right now there are two pianos being moved into my house. Nothing new really. I hope that they make fun sounds before getting worked on. I remember when I just got home from my trip to Indiana there was a piano here that was incredibly out of tune, so I recorded it. I have yet to use the recordings, but every time I come across them I know that once I start manipulating them it will be a real treasure and quite fun. When is tape music not fun? Well, quasi tape music, since I don't work with tape, nor have I ever. I am true to my time, and I record on a computer. I certainly have less in the way of limitations, and more in the way of ease.
Last, but certainly not least, Yesterday I made a very short video about my new computer game. Check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment